Sunday, November 30, 2008

Traditions

Every family has traditions. One of our traditions came to be because I insisted that we have plain matching stockings. Mike hates them. So to compromise, a few years ago we started buying a new ornament to hang on our stocking to make them more personal.

We bought this year's ornaments at Old Town Pottery (one of my all time favorite stores!) over the weekend. Ashlyn picked out several ornaments before she finally settled on the glass angel.

She did demand a new stocking this year. I bought these 4 stockings when she was just a baby. Braden decided which color went each person. Ashlyn has had the green stocking the past 3 years but she was not happy this year when I unpacked it. She threw it down and demanded a pink one. Since we didn't have a pink one she settled with the white.
Mike hasn't changed his ornament in several years. He likes his charger Santa so he's been hanging on to it.


I picked out a new clay Santa. I like clay Santa ornaments. The first year Mike and I were married we had no ornaments and no money. I found some packs of ornaments at a dollar store and that's where the collection began. I try to pick up a few every year and of course I always pick out a clay Santa for my stocking ornament every year.


As much as I love clay Santa, Braden love nutcrackers! He begs for new ones to play with every year. So I was not surprised at all when he picked out this nutcracker for his stocking ornament.




0 comments: