Saturday, April 11, 2009

Egg Decorating 101

I was so excited to dye eggs today. It's one of my favorite things. It's always so much fun. I was a little nervous being that we are in a brand new house. I could see a bowl of red food coloring being dumped on my light brown carpet. But nothing like that happened. It was very uneventful today. Almost to the point of being disappointing. Both kids used spoons to dip the eggs. It was neat and clean. Usually they both are blue up to their elbows. I never thought I would say this but I missed the mess days. It was more fun that way.


Ashlyn did not remember dying eggs at all. She was totally confused. At first she was trying to crack the eggs into the dye. I couldn't believe she had no memories of doing this before since she's always surprising us with memories that seem impossible for her to remember. It just took her a few eggs to get the hang of it.


0 comments: