Sunday, May 31, 2009

Yucky Face!



I kicked Braden,Ashlyn, and Ariel outside yesterday afternoon to play in the backyard while Mike and I cleaned up our ceiling fan projects. They were outside for about 10 minutes when Braden came running into the kitchen yelling that Ashlyn was bleeding.
Now Braden has a tendency to over react when it comes to blood. He'll get a scratch that has blood at the surface and he'll declare that he's dieing! So I wasn't really worried. Then I got to the patio door and saw Ashlyn's face, hands, and shirt covered in blood. I still wasn't really worried. I thought she has nose bleed. The smallest bump on the nose and Ashlyn has a nose bleed.
I got a towel for Mike to look at it and that's when we realised that she a cut her face. So we loaded up and drove to the ER. It was Ashlyn's first visit. By the time we got there, Mike has stopped the bleeding. By the time we were called back to a room she was her happy normal self.
Then the PA came in. She was fine with him coming in and looking at it. Then he returned and without numbing it or giving her something for pain he started pushing and squeezing on it to try to close it while he glued it. The nurse who came in afterwards told us the glue burns when it's applied. She was pretty still while he did it but by the end she had big tears in her eyes and she was done with that man. I felt so bad for her because I know it hurt.
While we waited for her discharge papers, she wanted me to wipe off the liquid stitches. She doesn't like the way it feels on her lip. She didn't understand that it doesn't come off. So I got the bright idea to take her to the bathroom so she could see it. I forgot that she hadn't seen it before. That's when she got really upset. She told Mike that "Everyone is going to see my yucky face. and we're going to Arkansas in 2 day." We spent the rest of night reassuring her that she was still as beautiful now as she was before.
She's not buying it.








0 comments: