Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ashlyn Started VPK

Boo Whoo Whoo! Actually no tears were shed Tuesday when Ashlyn started VPK. It was hard to feel sad because she was so comfortable and happy. All the other kids stayed close to their parents when they walked in. Everyone except for my child who promptly ran to the center of the carpet and began twirling like a ballerina. Then she started saying "Come on friend.Let's play."

She's been having fun. Yesterday she came out crying so I was braced for a bad report. She didn't get one. She was crying because she didn't want to leave. Today, however, one of her teachers ask me to talk to her about sitting quietly during circle time. Apparently they had a hard time reading the story because Ashlyn was busy entertaining.

I'm sure it was the teacher's fault. She should have picked out a more interesting story, preferably one with a pink cover and fairy pictures. It works for me.
















0 comments: