Monday, November 23, 2009

More Halloween

This year Ashlyn decided very early that she wanted to be Dorothy from the Wizard of oz. We bought her costume early in September at Wal-Mart.

Braden took a little longer to decide. He briefly wanted to be a zombie, a vampire, and a few other things. Finally I convinced him to be a mummy but in true Braden style he had to put a twist on it. So he asked for a pharoh hat to go with it.

The mummy part was easy- an old tee shirt and shorts, an off white bed sheet, and big bottle of tacky glue! The hat took me a little longer to figure out and I didn't actually make it until the night before but it must have turned out ok because Braden was happy with it. I just cut up a stretchy blue shirt and glued it onto a piece of cardboard and added some gold glitter.

All in all Braden's costume took me about $6 and 10 hours to make. Ten hours to make and he wore it for a wopping 3 hours. Oh well, he looked cute.



0 comments: