Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 2 -Nassau

Our first port of call in the Bahamas was Nassau. The rest of our group went on another tour but Mike and I decided that the Fort & Pirates Tour would be the best one for the kids. Braden seemed to really enjoy it. Ashlyn was too tired to give it a real chance.

The tour was a driving tour and it was quite the experience. I only saw one street with traffic signals. The rest of the time the drivers would honk and go at intersections. I quickly realized that I needed to look out my window and not pay attention to the driving.

The best part of the day was the pirate museum at the end of the tour. It was really neat. Braden loved it and actually retained some of the information that we learned on tour-- (pirates would eat rats while out to sea, a lot of pirates did keep parrots but they didn't make people walk the plank).



















We visited 2 different forts during the first half of the tour. Ashlyn and I missed the second one because she was napping in the bus. Braden and Mike really enjoyed the second one. It had different rooms to visit the first fort only had some canons on display.






















0 comments: