Wednesday, June 18, 2008

missing football

I wouldn't say that I'm a big football fan but I do enjoy watching a game a few times a month. I did, however, marry into a HUGE football family. My in laws have had a fantasy football league for like 13 years and I think I'm married to the biggest football fan in the world. He's not just a fan of his Hogs and Chargers but he's just a fan of the game in general. He knows as much about the other teams as his own.

Every summer we go through a withdrawal period. I think it's started. I'm waiting for his count downs to begin. 000 days til the first pre-season game...000 days until the first Charger game....000 days until the first regular season game....000 days until the fantasy draft....

He's already mentioned taking the kids to a high school game. I'm sure his plan is that if they make it through the game well then a NFL game may be in the future. I think Braden could make it through a game and might even enjoy parts of it. I don't think Ashlyn would make it past kick off. I guess I can't blame him for trying though!

1 comments:

gqzmommy said...

I love the pictures in this LO!

I also understand the whole football frenzy thing. My hubby is that way about so many different sports. It's amazing to me that he can't remember where the serving bowls in the kitchen are but he can recall fine details of sporting events from years past. GQ seems to enjoy them just as much as his daddy so I have years and years of baseball, football, soccer, hockey, golf and poker watching ahead of me.