Monday, July 21, 2008

Blast off!

One of the crazy challenges this weekend was to use aluminum foil on a layout. I wrapped some chipboard circles that I'd laying around. Now some scrappers will gasp because foil isn't a prepackaged scrapbook product with acid free stamped across the top.I'm not that concerned with acid free. I scrap for me not so much for future generations. If one or two layouts turn yellow then oh well!

These pictures are from the Kennedy Space Center. They have a cute little show called Mad Mission to Mars. It's a really cute kid show with lots of audience interaction. Braden was the lucky kid that was chosen to suit up like an astronaunt and " blast off". He sat in this chair all suited up. A bunch of lights and smoke came out and then up he's chair went up into the air about 8 feet or so and then back down. He was thrilled.

Our family loves the Space Center but I know a lot of people find it boring. I think that's because most people jump onto the buses and go for the tour that takes basically all day. The tour isn't really for kids but if you spend more time at the Visitor Center and the Astronaunt Hall of Fame then it will be more enjoyable.

1 comments:

kellyliz82 said...

I love that I am not the only one who doesn't panic and go into hives over acid free!