Thursday, July 3, 2008

New Layouts..

Tae Kwon Do Update--- Braden has hung up his belt. He really didn't like it too much and it was becoming very hard to get him there twice a week. We did make him finish his 6 month contract - tried to teach him that finish what you start lesson.

The only regret I have is that he didn't get to test for his yellow belt. The testing was the week after his contract was up. He would have passed his form without any problem too. I feel a little bad about that because he did stick it out and worked hard to learn all his form but he didn't really get rewarded for it. I feel bad.... he's just happy not going anymore.

That being said. I'm sooo glad that it's over. When he started the school was a mile from our house. It took us 2 mintues to get there. After the first week it moved all the way across town so we had to leave 35 minutes early to get there on time and then we had to drive home during rush hour on the 2 craziest roads in town.
Another Football Layout. This picture is from last September. That cute little cheerleading uniform is now a outfit for her monkey since it is way to short. (HINT HINT HINT to all my family back home. Subtle right? hee hee.)

This is one of my favorite pictures. I have a copy of it framed her in the family room and Mike has one in his office. They were so happy and having so much fun together. That's back when Braden would play with Ashlyn. He is now in full big brother mode. I hear "GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" ... door slam... & then Ashlyn scream several times a day. ((Sigh))
Last year for Father's Day we drove up to Cocoa to the planetarium. I just scrapped the pictures (a year later) and honestly the only thing I like about it the Anne Griffin journaling block. The planetarium is cool but the lady who works the ticket stand is such a old bag that we don't go very often. It's amazing how someone elses bad attitude can spoil everyone's mood.

This year we didn't do anything spacey for the first time since moving here. In the past we've gone to the Space Center and the Planetarium to celebrate since space is something Mike and Braden both enjoy. This year we went bowling.

That's all I got for today. I'm going to go scrap now. I have a challenge up for the Christmas in July at MBI (link over there---->). In a few days I'll have some fun sneak peeks of the projects I'll be teaching.

0 comments: