Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I miss Arkansas...today!

I'm being a little homesick today but I'm reminding myself why Florida is so awesome--days at the beach for example.

Living here in Florida is a lot of fun. We spend a lot of time playing on the beach and lots of time (and money) at local attractions but right now I'm missing Arkansas. Fall is so boring here. I miss the colors of fall as the leaves change colors. I'm lucky that I don't have to rake leaves like my mom does every week but I also don't get to watch my kids jump and play in a bunch of crunchy leaves. I miss the cool mornings and warm afternoons. There's no need for cute new jackets, hats, and boots. We're still sporting flip flops and tank tops.

I miss Arkansas football. Everyone is a Razorback fan in Arkansas. (Ok so there are a few trouble makers here and there but all the good ones are!) On game days everyone is sporting their favorite gear and the cars are all decked out in flags and magnetics. The game is on in every store and restaurant. We're all on the same team on game days. Florida doesn't have that same team loyalty with so many different teams in one state and half of the residents are not real Floridians. They are like me --just visiting.

So I'm homesick today. I guess I need to go to the beach and remember how much fun it is here.

0 comments: