Monday, August 25, 2008

Kindergarten- here we come!

FINALLY!!! School actually was in session today for the first time. Braden didn't really seem nervous or excited until we got to the class. He was very very quiet once inside the class. His teacher had little bears set out on all the tables. They had worry bear written on their stomachs. I thought that was a nice little gift for comfort.


When I picked him up this afternoon I was ready to hear all about his new class. Instead I got a lot of "ummmm, I forget". He did perk up when I asked about lunch. According to the lunch menu today was spaghetti day. Braden doesn't like spaghetti but I wanted him to buy his lunch his first day. (And who knows maybe he'll try a few new things this year.) Instead of the scheduled spaghetti they had pizza. Pizza is one of this favorites. He didn't understand why he only got 2 pieces. I know he could have eaten at least double that.

We decided to use the same backpack as last year. He didn't use it at all in VPK. He didn't care so why buy a new one. Lord knows we spend more than enough on his stupid uniform. (yes that is a uniform. I don't dress my kids that dorky!) Wait until it gets cooler and he starts sporting the navy cardigan. That will be worth a picture or two.

Here he is at his table with his bear. He choose the red bear of course. Red is his favorite color. I think he looks really nervous in this picture. He looked nervous in all the pictures from his classroom. I hope tomorrow he starts the day more at easy. (me too!)

0 comments: