Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Soccer Starts

This evening was Braden's first soccer practice. I think it has already started out 1000% better than tae kwon do. He was all smiles and seem to really be having fun. He is the tallest on his team. I kind-of expected that but I didn't know that some of the kids would be older than him. I know that at least one of his team mates is 6.

I will admit that I know nothing about soccer. NOTHING!!! Mike and I met yesterday at the mall to buy his cleats, shin guards, and socks. I was lost the whole time. It took us awhile to find a pair of shoes in his size. Then we picked out all the rest of his stuff. I wanted everything to be black or white since I don't know what the team colors are going to be yet.



When I picked him up from school yesterday, I told him I had a surprise for him. I tossed back the box and he tore into it like it was Christmas.
Then he said, "These are girl shoes! I'm can't wear girl shoes!"
"They're not Girl shoes. Those are your soccer shoes!" I said
"THEY'RE PINK!!!!" he yelled.
Oopses! In all the confusion of finding the right size socks and shin guards we mixed up the boxes and picked up a pair of pink cleats. He was not at all happy with his surprise. He was actually offended by my little surprise. I fixed my little mistake. We went straight from school back to the mall and exchanged the pink for the black cleats. He was more impressed with the black ones.

1 comments:

kellyliz82 said...

Pink cleats? How dare you mom!;)
Looks like he's having fun in soccer already! Jackson is dying to get back in a sport, I need to start looking around here for something.