Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay


Tomorrow was suppose to be Braden's first day of school but thanks to Fay that has been pushed back until Friday. I personally think it will be Monday but we'll see. We were not prepared at all to be home bound. I did make a quick run to Wal-Greens Monday night to get a few cokes because I knew it would be windy and rainy Tuesday. I didn't know that it was going to rain for two days straight.

The storm is moving so slow but to make it worse it came to a complete stop directly on top of us. The wind didn't do any damage in my neighborhood. my neighbor did lose some of his plants to the winds but the houses were untouched. We have had about 16 inches of rain so far. I have to say so far because it is still raining.

Since we didn't stock up before the store, we found the refrigerator pretty bare today. Mike decided to run to the gas station a few blocks away for some necessities (Diet Dr Pepper!). He says that was the stupidest thing he's ever done. I find that hard to believe but from the looks of things it might not have been the smartest. We had no idea how bad it was. The news is really only showing pictures from Melbourne and only streets in Melbourne have been officially closed. The water is several feet deep on some streets. We have the pine needles and leaves in the grill of our car to remind us to stay our butts in the house. (even if we run out of Diet Dr Peppers.)

1 comments:

kellyliz82 said...

I was wondering how ya'll were faring through this storm. Hope it subsides SOON!