Thursday, March 20, 2008

School stress!

Our public school isn't a horrible school but it's not great or even good. Out of a 1-10 scale it was rated a 6. The school we really wanted Braden to attend has a 40 person waiting list. O Crap! We have narrowed it down to 3 charter schools now. Two are rated 10s and one is rated a 8. We went and visited the 8 tonight. It's the school Mike is really wanting. I'm not 100% yet. I want to visit a couple more before I decided for sure.

It's a nice big school (900 students prek-8) and new. This is only it's second year. The size makes me a little nervous. That's a lot of kids in one school. There are 7 kindergarten classes and they keep them seperated from the rest of the school population. They have their own private playground, bathroom, and a private library. So I guess he will be safe. I'm just overly protective. I can admit it.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

My kids have gone to small schools in the past, and now go to large schools, 800-900+. I actually like the larger schools better, I think they have many more resources and since they have more kids the same age they do a better job of keeping kids around mostly kids their own age.