Monday, May 19, 2008

Back to Normal


Life if finally back to normal...whatever that it! We drove around a lot this weekend looking at houses that are for sale and I was shocked at the fire damage. The firefighters really did an amazing job!!! There were so many houses that stood perfectly untouched by the flames but with scorched yards. We looked at two houses that the grass was burned right up to the house. I'm talking inches from the house but the houses still stood brand new

. We only saw 3 houses that were totally destroyed. We did stumble upon a few with their corners scorched. The poor power guys were still out everywhere installing new poles and cables. I'm sure all of them are exhausted too. So WOOO HOOO for all the fire fighters, police, first responders, and power guys!!! They deserve a big hand!

Now that life is somewhat calmer, I'm hoping to scrap more. I did make a few more train cards. Still uncolored, I'm going to work on that soon. It's on my list!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

That is awful about the fires. And yes, kudos to all the firemen/women who risk their lives.

I love the train card. My grandson would love it as he is into Thomas the train.

gqzmommy said...

Kim - I just love the card! The color combo is one of my favorites, too!