Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Brush Fires!

Yesterday afternoon I was busy playing around with some stamps and my hubby called me and told me I needed to turn on the news because the high school a few miles from our house was evacuated because of a brush fire. Instead of listening and checking out the news, I grabbed my camera and ran outside. Smart & safe ? Maybe not butI got some pictures.

The 2 pictures of the smoke are the views of the fires from my front door. They didn't get any closer than this to our house. We haven't even really smelled the smoke. We have been the refuge camp for some family that had to leave their houses last night.


Not everyone was as lucky as us, however. There have been around 100 houses damaged, 3500 acres have been burned, and 12000 houses are without electricity. The fires burned down the electric poles so the wires are laying all the place.

The other two pictures of the damage were taken my hubby's cousin as they drove to check on their house today. Their house is was untouched. Thanks Conner for the pics!



1 comments:

gqzmommy said...

that's horrible! thank goodness your family has you for a safe place to stay!