Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pictures of the House

After 2 hours of flipping through samples that are way to small to make a choice from I decided on the color combinations above for the inside of the house. I really don't understand why the samples have to be so small. I'm glad my eye sight is good. I think I like my choices! :)

We had the hardest time picking the outside colors and the roof. We had a more limited number of combinations and of course most of them were different shades of builder beige. Our house now is a wonderful meadow green with white trim and a black roof. That's what I wanted but we ended up with a gray that has a tint of green to it with white trim and a Driftwood roof. I'm not sure what the roof will look like because it was a 2x2 square. I'm just not that good to imagine that 2x2 square as a roof but.... the choice has been made.

Here are some pictures from inside the model home to give you (MOM) an idea of what it looks like. The first picture is the kitchen (stating the obvious here, I know), from the family living room. I choose the same counter tops and the exact same cabinets. I really really wanted to upgrade the cabinets to have cherry instead of maple but the dang porch cost so much that I had to give up the cabinet upgrade. I also picked black appliances instead of the white since my counters are mainly black.

I will be honest and tell you that the island is the reason that I picked this house. I love love love this island. It's huge! The sink and dishwasher are in the island. To the left of the picture you can see the den/office door. That is going to be the kid's play room. I'm really looking forward to that too! To the right of the picture you can see the breakfast area and the walk in pantry.

This picture is will be the kids bathroom. You can see the counter tops and the cabinets good in this one. It has a bath tub on the other side of that wall next to the toilet. It also has a pool door. Which I didn't know what a pool door was until I moved to Florida. It is a tiny narrow door that could lead to a pool (stating the obvious again). The house comes with it but we could have upgraded to a door with a window but I didn't really care. I'm a little unsure about how I feel about a door in the kid's bathroom. I guess I figure that out in the coming month.

This picture is of my huge walk in pantry. You can't see in the picture but there are shelves on both sides up most of the wall. There is so much room at the back of the pantry that I'm torn on what to do with it. It would be a great spot for the recycling stuff but with the garage being just as close, I'm tempted to set up shop in there. That way I could close the door when company was over and no one could see my mess. :) I'm going back and forth on that one.
Here is the master bathroom. I love the huge vanity. I do hate that it isn't as high as the one we have now. I know that a higher counter is much more comfortable for Mike. You can see that circle mirror's reflection. Under that mirror is the garden tub. It's smaller than the one we have now but that's ok for me but it won't be as much fun for the kids. They like to swim in the big 2 person tub we have now. The shower and the toilet are in a separate room opposite the vanity.
That's all the pictures I have now. If sure that's enough for you (MOM) to have a dozen questions for me!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Kim, what a beautiful home you are getting. And like you, I love that island in your kitchen. I wish I had one.

You must take pictures of your place after you get all settled in.

gqzmommy said...

Wow, it's gorgeous! Can't wait to see pictures of the completed project!