Monday, October 6, 2008

Call me Martha!

I spent the afternoon baking muffins (from a mix! don't be to impressed!). Braden loves muffins. They have become his favorite breakfast and since a muffin and a banana takes like a minute to "fix" and devour in the mornings, they are now also one of my favorite breakfast options!

I have been buying chocolate chip or banana nut muffins from the bakery department on grocery day. Depending on which store I'm shopping at that week and the sales, I spend between $2.25-$3 per package of 4. I decided to save some $$$ and make them myself this week.

I bought 2 packages of cheap (but yummy) Jiffy muffin mix and for a whopping $2 (factoring in the eggs and the milk) I made a dozen muffins. To really martha-ify my day I decided to put them on the table in the cake pedestal. Everything seems special when it's served from a glass cake pedestal!

So in honor of my Martha-ified muffin moment. I declare Monday's muffin day! If you have a good (and easy--I'm not much a baker!) muffin recipe then please share.

1 comments:

gqzmommy said...

yummy! I like your idea of muffin mondays!

I have an awesome pumpkin bread recipe that also makes great muffins. Believe me, it's easy, otherwise I wouldn't make it. Just let me know if you want the recipe.