Tuesday, April 29, 2008

An apple a day...

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. I wish Braden had decided that he liked apples a few years ago. Today is the last doctor appointment in this series. He had appointments Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and today. Thursday appointment resulted in another appointment and I'm sure today will result in 2 more appointments.

Braden has always been difficult to understand. We've known that he was going to need some kind of speech therapy. His pre-school never "noticed" the problems so we had to pursue it on our own. It's taken about 6 months to get to this point and we now know that Braden has mild hearing lost in both ears, fluid in his ear, and his speech is severely delayed! I figure today the ENT doctor will refer us to another doctor for tubes.

I feel like I let him down a little. He never complained about his ears hurting or ringing or anything but he's had problems with them for years apparently. Now he's lost some of his hearing because I didn't take him to the doctor earlier. I just feel bad and responsible.

I'm not at all worried about the tubes though. It seems everyone knows someone that has had tubes. The only thing that is going to be tough is I've heard Braden won't be able to going swimming. That will be tough since we have already starting swimming and going to the beach.

The layout above is a really old one. I think I made it about 3 years ago. I just love his little smile in the pic. Looking at old pages reminds me why I scrap (beside just lovin' the process). When I look at this layout, I'm there again. I'm back to watching Beauty and the Beast 3 or 4 times a day. I'm back to making waffles for breakfast everyday, and ramen noodles for lunch everyday. I take back all those wishes for him to grow!



1 comments:

gqzmommy said...

Such a sweet LO, Kim!

Sorry to hear about B's ears. Hopefully you'll get some answers about what needs to be done and get things moving in the right direction. Don't beat yourself up...if he wasn't in pain there was no way to know something might have been wrong.

{{big hugs to you!}}